Friday, April 29, 2016

Reflections From the Heart: A Collection of Poems

July 2013

I have a problem with people who think they know you all too well

With the preachers who say "go to church or go to hell"

Well my God said to pursue Christ for a relationship never ending

To follow a God all forgiving

That's what I need

Not a religion that requires perfection

Cause I don't have it

Just believe in the resurrection

That Jesus' death was to buy back a soul so far gone, only perfect blood could save

Only because God gave

He didn't give a fancy building full of people wearing hypocrite masks for the weekend, just to live the way they want the next day



Jesus is the only way

He said pick up the cross and follow Him EVERYDAY


I'd chose God over church any day

A relationship over religion

A Christian is not a sinner in disguise

A Christian is a sinner that's alive

So, live everyday carrying the cross

And chose God over religion

Like God chose the cross for us



April 2015

-Remember that horse I painted in 2008?
It was dreadful, but you said it was great. 
You said, "this horse is strong like you"
"Whatever the trial, I know you'll get through."
Your words built me up and they made me feel strong.  
But my strength, it wouldn't last long. 
-Remember that dress I wore in 2014?
To be honest, I'm shocked I liked something so green. 
You asked if I made it and I said no. 
You said, "well you could, didn't you know"
"You can do anything that you put your mind to"
Your words built me up and they helped me get through. 
Cause the next few days felt like hell. 
But it is well.  
-Remember that car I drive in 2015?
Up that country dirt road that was dirty and lean. 
The cemetery is beautiful, beautiful and free. 
Oh grandma, you're the woman I want to be. 
You taught me to work hard and how to dream. 
You taught me how to handle this family and NOT to scream. 
But right now, I'll just sit with the grass and leaves.  
And with the Jesus you taught me would never leave.  


January 2015

Here is my face
Behind a filter, I hide
I'm so scared, and don't know why
Am I ugly, am I beautiful?
Let me ask the world this question
Whatever you say, I'll still feel sick
No amount of human acceptance will ever fill my void
The love I seek can't come from man
It comes from my only joy
Too hard to believe, it seems sometimes
But that doesn't change the truth
This love comes from the Father
For He can and will save my youth


August 2015

•What is wrong with me?
•Why am I so far behind?
•I can hardly see.
•Why are you so hard to find?
•Is it true what they say?
•"All the good ones get lost"
•I think this is the way.
•Who knew this would be the cost?
•I'm in love with someone I've never met.
•It's tearing me apart.
•You don't know me yet.
•But you're already apart of my heart.
•I'm still trying to cope.
•My lines have already been crossed.
•God, you're my only hope.
•All the good ones get lost.


December 2015

She was drenched in rain,
Or was it tears?
Harmful thoughts flooded her brain. 
She was drowning in her fears.

She cried out. 
At this point, it was all she could do. 
"God, I can't see past my fear and doubt."
She needs Him to pull her through. 

She is filled with blessed assurance. 
This battle has been claimed. 
Amazed by her Father's radiance,
She feels her fears are tamed. 

She is an ambassador.  
Her "plan" is Christ's alone, 
And His plan is spectacular. 
She is saved because He heard her groan. 

Written by Emily, The Colony, TX
Emily is pictured on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment